Saturday, June 21, 2008

2,557 days...and many more to come!

Adam and I started dating 7 years ago, tomorrow. I'm so glad I remember it. I had gotten back from being a counselor at summer camp, and I went to find him at the church (he was a janitor there). He was getting off and he asked me if I wanted to go get a Slurpee (still one of my favorite things). I said yes, of course. We went, and then came back, and he said something that resulted in a statement like, "So maybe we should start dating." My brain thought, "It's about TIME!!!" :)

A picture from the first summer we dated (a picture we also used in our wedding invites - it was the RSVP info card.



There. I've blogged, once again. I'm trying to get better about it.

P.S. If you are figuring the math problem associated with the 2,557 days, I took 7 years, multiplied by 365 days per year, then added 2 days, because of leap years in 2004 and 2008. It's the teacher in me. A year is actually 365.25 days. That's why a leap year comes every four years. I'm sure most of you knew that, but if not, here's to knowledge!

5 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

that is so sweet!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Nyla said...

Yeah you blogged again! I love when you do! I love learning more about you!

6:49 AM  
Blogger Crysti & Jerome said...

Haha, you crack me up! Totally cute picture! Do you have it up in your house? It looks familiar.
Love that your blogging! Wanna try lunch next week? hehe

4:49 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

Crysti - I may have it somewhere...it's one of our favorites.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Jill Duarte said...

i think it is cute that you did all the math and added in leap years and all that. may every day feel like the first!

i had to say something cliche because i'm older, i've been married longer and i'm really lousy at remembering our anniversary.

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home