Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Fall-Time Crunch

I am really feeling stressed, as many others are. Summer is winding down - I am saying good-bye to some of my tutoring students (the ones I had through an agency) and hello to others who are starting next week with me privately.

I think I really like being self employed. I like setting my own schedule, my own fees, my own rules, deciding whether or not I want to tutor one kid or another, having my own room to work in...

I also got business cards. Here's what they look like:



I think they're pretty cool. I can't wait to give them out to potential customers. In fact, I won't need too many more customers because almost all my slots are already full. I have 8 students meeting with me one-on-one, 2 or 3 times a week.

I love what I'm doing because it gives me a chance to develop relationships with unbelievers and their families. I see these children so often, I have a chance to reflect Christ's love to them. My prayer is that I give up my own selfish desires to let my vessel be used completely for His glory.

Besides my tutoring, I am working at the church as Adam's assistant. Things have been crazy at this job because choir is starting this Wednesday at 7:15 - so if you're interested, come! I like being able to help Adam in this way - I would do it for free, but it's a blessing that an arrangement was set up for me to be paid for it!

God does know best. He takes care of us better than we can take care of ourselves.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

wow your business cards look great! I totally forgot the name of the business when I came home! Can you let me know what it is again? Thanks so much! You are going to be so successful!

11:11 PM  
Blogger Emily Valko Monroy said...

WOW! I am so amazed that you found my blog so quickly! I love the biz cards ... being self-employed is cool, but it takes a lot of discipline. Right now I'm feeling sooooo overwhelmed! Best of luck!

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home