Sunday, January 18, 2009

No alcohol allowed

The other day, one of the girls in my class was telling me she was scared because she had to get her blood drawn at the dr. that afternoon.

She comes back the next day, proudly sporting her bruise.

Girl: And guess what?
Me: What?
Girl: My doctor said I can't drink alcohol.
Me: Well, of course not until you're old enough.
Girl: No, he said not even when I'm 33.
Me: Why?
Girl: *serious face* He said it will kill my brain.
Me: Oh.

I love the way adults explain complicated things to children with special needs. It shows such creativity.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to be a fly on the wall in your classroom for a day Kami. What great stories!

2:42 PM  
Blogger MelliB said...

Haha! Love your sarcasm.

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha its funny!!!thanks for sharing...
--
Reenee
You cannot go wrong on the best security systems

2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home