Monday, December 08, 2008

December

I'm baaaaack!

I'm sorry I've been away for so long. Things have been busy. We have been getting our new house set up, taking care of two wild and crazy dogs, Christmas concerts, school play, teaching, seeing old friends, weddings, funerals...you get the picture.

School is going great. God has been preparing me for this school since I got my teaching credential in 2004. I waited so long for a job, and almost got one several times, but now I understand. This school is a perfect fit for me. Working with special ed kids is so rewarding and uplifting. I appreciate the challenge :) I have many stories to tell. Here's one for now.

We're at science camp in the mountains and the kids are playing pool and foosball. Another teacher and I are supervising them.

(Fred doesn't say his "r" correctly...read it like so)
Fred: talking about a whoopee cushion...
Me: Hey Fred (I changed his name), what's a whoopee cushion?
Fred: I'm not sure. I don't really know how to explain it
Other Teacher: What color is it?
Fred: well, kinda orangeish
Me: Well, what do you do with it?
Fred: you FART on it! haha


These kids make me laugh so hard. It's amazing to be able to teach them about the Lord and to grow alongside them.

Yoda is getting as cute as ever. Here is a video of her and I playing...


1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Ikegami said...

Hey friend, glad you posted this, I am soooo happy for you! I am sure you are impacting your students in ways they aren't forgetting. I love you, Mrs. Green :) Merry Christmas!

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home