Tuesday, September 12, 2006

My weekend

I've tried multiple times to try and type a post out about my weekend - but I either don't have time to really get it done, or don't have the words to describe it.

I learned a lot of things while Adam was gone. Most were not very spiritual, but important as well.

1. I don't do well at home alone - ended up staying with a friend 2 out of 3 nights.
2. God wants me to trust that He'll take care of me. I worry way too much about everything.
3. Just because things don't go the way I plan doesn't mean that it's not in God's will - because I am sinful and don't always know exactly what God has in mind.

I learned more...but unfortunately do not want to post in a public blog for all to see. It was probably the hardest weekend I've ever had - aside from the weekend that Christ saved me. And while the weekend I became a Christian ended so joyfully and peacefully, this past weekend did not end that way. I want to study some parts of Scripture that demonstrate those who have joy amidst their trials and pain, because it's very difficult for me to do that. How does one have joy when things hurt so bad? I know there is a "Christian" answer to this, but to me it seems much easier said than done. Perhaps those who have joy amidst their trials are those who trust God so much more than I do. I pray He teaches me to trust Him more, because I know I cannot do it on my own strength.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home