Thursday, September 07, 2006

Alone




Adam is gone for the weekend. Being by myself has allowed me to enter an interesting place of reflection. There aren't many times where I can sit at the table and not hear anything else but the low hum of the refrigerator and the clicking of the keys.

I have thought of the upcoming weekend as a boring, desolate, lonely one. But perhaps God sees it as an opportunity to meet with me. For me to have no distractions but Him. The thought is scary yet exciting at the same time.

Adam introduced an awesome song to our church a few weeks ago - we sang it this last Sunday and it's in my head now:

Jesus is Lord

Jesus is Lord, the cry that echoes through creation
Resplendent power, eternal Word our Rock
The Son of God - the King whose glory fills the heavens
Yet bids us come to taste this living Bread

Jesus is Lord, whose voice sustains the stars and planets
Yet in His wisdom, laid aside His crown
Jesus the Man who washed our feet; who bore our suffering
Became a curse to bring salvation's plan

Jesus is Lord, the tomb is gloriously empty
Not even death could crush this King of Love
The price is paid, the chains are loosed and we're forgiven
And we can run into the arms of God

Jesus is Lord, a shout of joy, a cry of anguish
As He returns and every knee bows low
When every eye and every heart will see His glory
The Judge of all will take His children home


Every verse of this song brings a new chill to my body as I think about all the things it talks about...although there is one line that I'm not sure I fully understand - so if anyone does read this, feel free to email or comment to help me out! "Yet bids us come to taste this living Bread", the last line of the first verse...I don't even know where to begin trying to understand - is it referring to Jesus' humanity?

If you want to hear a part of the song, I found a clip on this site:

http://www.gettymusic.com/lyrics.asp?id=35

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Ikegami said...

so, how was the weekend?

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home